Welcome back to the University of Wyoming. As you prepare for classes, the Information Technology department, IT, would like to tell you of some of the services offered. In the IT building, located at the end of Sorority Row in between Orr Hall and the Fine Arts building, you will find a computer lab and the walk-in Service Center. The walk-in Service Center is a computer support center for all UW enrolled students, faculty, and staff. They are able to help you with
- virus and malware removal,
- system clean/tune up,
- computer reformatting,
- hardware diagnostics,
- operation system installations,
- program/software installations,
- one-on-one consulting of computing needs,
- setting up email and wireless on mobile devices,
- network trouble shooting.
In addition to these services, IT has staffed computer labs around campus for your convenience. In these staffed labs, you will find a Lab Assistant, which would be happy to answer your questions and help you with problems as that arise in the labs.