So you are eligible for an upgrade! But the question is what phone do you get? Do you get something that is shiny and new or something that is not as flashy but tried-and-true? If you are one of the lucky ones that has an upgrade this spring you are in luck, because there has never been a better time to get a smartphone. Let’s get started:
● HTC Inspire: Another great HTC Android 2.2 phone. This one will be the first Android 4G for AT&T and has some great features. A 4.3 inch screen will dazzle and the 1 GHz processor is sure to impress, but if that is not enough there is also an 8MP camera with HD recording.
● Motorola ATRIX 4G : Available March 2, 2011. This hot phone is one of the few that have the tech geeks in a tizzy. With a Tegra 2-powered dual-core processor, 4 inch screen, 1 GB of internal RAM this phone has been dubbed “the world’s most powerful smartphone.” (Running Android 2.3 on release.)
● Samsung Infuse 4G: Available spring/summer 2011. Another great Samsung phone the Infuse has a 4.5 inch screen, a single-core Hummingbird 1.2 GHz processor and an 8 MP camera for great Facebook profile pictures. (Running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on release.)
● LG E900h: Available Late Spring 2011. This Windows 7 phone has some great features including a 3.8 inch screen and a 1GHz processor. Hopefully this Windows 7 phone will help the OS along.
● Kyocera Echo: Available spring 2011. Get ready Kyocera is entering the Android OS phone market, and they are doing it with style. The Echo features two, yeah that’s right 2, 3.5 inch screens, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 5MP camera and Android 2.2 this phone is going to be sweet.
● HTC 7 Pro: Available spring/summer 2011. This Windows 7 Mobile phone has some great possibilities with a 3.6 inch screen, 1 GHz processor and a slide/flip up QWERTY keyboard it might just be the best Windows 7 phone to hit the market.
● Apple iPhone 4g: Available now. The weight is over the iPhone is on Big Red. All the things you loved about iPhone are no available to those of you who just couldn’t switch over to AT&T.
● HTC Thunderbolt: Available now. The Tbolt, as it is sometimes called, will be the first LTE (4G) phone for Verizon and is one of the best new Android 2.3 phones to be released. Featuring a 4.3 inch screen, 1GHz Snapdragon processor and is said to feature simultaneous voice and data over LTE.
● LG Revolution: Available spring 2011. LG is coming out swinging with this bad boy phone. Featuring a 4.3 inch screen, mobile hotspot support and video chat this phone is sure to be a big break for LG this spring.
● Motorola DROID Bionic 4G: Available spring 2011. This phone will be another great addition to the DROID lineup and for many tech people this is best Android 2.2/2.3 phone to hit the market this spring. Featuring a 4.3 inch screen, a dual-core 1GHz processor, an 8 mp rear camera and front facing camera for video chats this phone is hot.
● HTC Trophy 7: Available spring or early summer 2011. This great looking Windows 7 phone has a bunch of great features including a 3.8 inch screen, Wi-Fi, GPS and a 5 mp camera. Not as hot or as talked about as the Android phones but with 16 GB of memory built in it is no slouch.
● Nokia X2-01: Available now. A somewhat out of date style this new Nokia is a classic candybar style phone with a QWERTY keyboard, 2.5 inch screen and will come in a variety of colors. This phone is nothing to special but knowing Nokia by the time it is released it will be.
● Samsung Galaxy S 4G: Available now. This follow-up to a great Android phone has been a hot topic of late. Featuring a 4.3 inch screen, next-gen 1 GHZ dual-core processor, next-gen Bluetooth 3.0 and Android 2.3 this phone is sure to be a hit this spring.
● Sidekick 4G: Available summer 2011. The Sidekick returns! This is still in the rumor stage but is going to be neat phone when released. Featuring the classic twist-out keyboard and Android it is sure to be a hot item in the late spring early summer.
So there you have it, just a few of the hot new smartphones that will be soon released by the big four. Stay tuned for a future post about some new phones for this summer and early fall.